Monday, July 04, 2005

Bloody Tongues...

Lupus cut his tongue today, which was quite worrying. He was playing tug of war with another dog, over a piece of wood. They were both jockeying for position, trying to get the best grip to win, when the Spaniel against which the Pup was competing got a bit careless and caught Lupus' tongue.

There was a yelp, but they carried on playing. I got a bit worried when I saw the Spaniel get increasingly stained with blood, and saw blood on the end of Lupus' tongue, but on closer examination he was fine and the bleeding stopped within about a minute.

Huskies have very long tongues, although I'm not sure if they're significantly longer than the tongues of any other dog. I used to have a Border Collie and I don't remember it being quite to 'tonguey', but maybe it's just my memory.

Anyway, that was a bit of drama from todays early morning walk. Hopefully he'll stay more or less inpact tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home